Thirsty for Summer Drink Ideas?
Summer is FULL of tricky questions:
- Should I have a signature drink for my social gathering?
- What should I take to the beach for a change of taste?
- How to do I find fresh ideas for summer time drinks?
- Do my drinks really need a tiny paper umbrella?
The Scone Shop has some ideas to kick off the summer in style! Try one of these delicious options to elevate and celebrate at your next gathering.
The Bramble cocktail was invented by a Brit named Dick Bradsell who worked at Fred’s Club in London in the 1980’s. Simple, easy and delicious without being too sweet.
2 parts gin
1 part lemon juice
1/2 part simple syrup
1/2 part blackberry liqueur (or raspberry liqueur)
Garnish – slice of lemon and a blackberry
1) Start by putting some crushed ice in an Old Fashioned tumbler glass.
2) Add the gin, lemon juice and simple syrup in a shaker with ice and shake. Fine-strain into your glass over crushed ice.
3) Top with the berry liqueur. (Or pour ingredients over ice for a shortcut and stir.)
4) Garnish with a lemon half-wheel and a fresh blackberry.
Sweet Tea Sangria
Sweet Tea with a little sass! Serves 6.
1 bottle white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
4 cups sweet tea
1/4 cup triple sec
2 cups sliced frozen peaches
2 cups raspberries
Fresh mint, for garnish
1) In a pitcher, combine wine, sweet tea, triple sec, frozen peaches and raspberries and stir until combined.
2) Refrigerate until chilled.
3) Serve garnished with mint. (Delish.com)
Break out the blender and relish one of these on a hot afternoon. That cute little paper umbrella would be perfect right now...
1 bottle rosé, chilled
2 cups chopped strawberries, plus a few for garnish
1/4 cup vodka
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1) In a blender, combine about half the bottle of rosé, 1 cup strawberries, half the vodka, and half the lemon juice.
2) Add about 2 cups of ice and blend until slushy. If the mixture is too watery, add more ice and blend again.
3) Repeat with remaining ingredients.
4) Serve immediately and garnish with fresh strawberries. (Delish.com)
Please remember to drink responsibly and be of legal age to consume alcohol.